Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tinderbox Forum RSS Feed? (Read 8311 times)
F451

Tinderbox Forum RSS Feed?
Aug 02nd, 2007, 8:05pm

Will there be a forum RSS feed in the future? Thanks.

IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Re: Tinderbox Forum RSS Feed?
Reply #1 - Aug 2nd, 2007, 9:59pm

Possibly. (Any YaBB mavens know of a plug-in?)

There is, of course, an RSS feed for the Tinderbox Wiki; that might be another motivation for refactoring things of lasting interest from the forum to the wiki)

WWW   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #2 - Aug 3rd, 2007, 4:47am

Mark - found a mod & I'll email you the zip. It has a readme (not very long) and you can judge if you're happy to install it (it needs access to the server to add files, etc).  I think RSS is planned for YaBB but not there as at the current stable version (v2.1, as we have here).  The mod is marked as 1.0b7; it was 1.0 for YaBB v1.x.

I can't give member an exact source url for the mod but go to http://www.boardmod.org/mods.php and in the search bar enter:
- Category = New Features
- YaBB version = 2.1
... and you'll see the link

HTH

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Rob Hamrick

Oakland/Berkeley, CA
Reply #3 - Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:40pm

That would be great.  Just the thought of having to actually visit the forum site on a regular basis has me exhausted.   Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print