Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
tutorials for new/prospective users (Read 6079 times)
RTB

tutorials for new/prospective users
Aug 03rd, 2007, 5:10pm

I see there are more resources and documentation than the last time I looked at Tinderbox, but even so you're not making it easy for a prospective user to really get a sense of how to work in this app and where to begin. The built-in tutorial is trivial, and the ones on the website just basically show what a few different views look like.

The manual looks like a good reference but doesn't really appear to give the big picture. I realize that part of the idea is that there is no "one way" of doing things, but what I'd love to see is a screencast showing an example of the some of the workflows described under the "Using Tinderbox" categories. Specifically, the writing and notetaking (Tinderbox in meetings)
http://www.eastgate.com/Tinderbox/Using/Writing.html

And I think it'd be an investment that would pay off in attracting new users.

Incidentally, is it possible to import an OPML file?

Thanks...

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: tutorials for new/prospective users
Reply #1 - Aug 3rd, 2007, 7:19pm

RTB wrote on Aug 3rd, 2007, 5:10pm:
Incidentally, is it possible to import an OPML file?

Open TB v4.0. Help Menu -> Release Notes. When they open, click Cmd+F. Find Window opens. Read the notes on OPML.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print