Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Problem adding badges to container notes (Read 7435 times)
rtalexander

Problem adding badges to container notes
Aug 05th, 2007, 2:06am

I find that right-clicking the upper right corner of a container note brings up the normal context menu rather than the menu for selecting badges. I have to right-click in the *lower* right corner to get the badge menu. For non-container notes, right-clicking in the upper right corner works as advertised. Am I missing something here?

IP Logged
J Henslin

Florianópolis Brazil
Re: Problem adding badges to container notes
Reply #1 - Aug 5th, 2007, 9:21am

I experienced the same 'issue'. I tried all but the lower right corner, so thanks for the tip/work-around. My solution was to use the outline view to set the badge for container notes.

Time is a waste of money
  IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #2 - Aug 5th, 2007, 9:40am

The positioning of the badge in Map view is:
  • Ordinary Note. Ctrl/Right-click top right (bottom right is normal note context menu)
  • Container Note & Agent.  Ctrl/Right-click bottom right (top right is normal note context menu)
There is some logic to the difference here, arising from beta testing though doubtless user will give further feedback now v4.0.0 is publicly released.

References: it would help to know if/where references to the badge menu are incorrect or ambiguous so they can be updated.  Web/wiki refs can simply be updated; manual/release notes will need to wait for subsequent versions/downloads for correction.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #3 - Aug 5th, 2007, 10:51am

The aTbRef page "Badges on notes" has been updated.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print