Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Insertion point in notes (Read 7022 times)
Jack Baty

Insertion point in notes
Aug 06th, 2007, 2:18pm

Just a tiny little issue...

When editing a note and hitting Return, the insertion point disappears briefly (for one "blink"). When adding multiple returns this makes it difficult to follow. Is it just me?

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Insertion point in notes
Reply #1 - Aug 6th, 2007, 3:21pm

I can't replicate this. I think it is just the blink rate is such that if you hit the return key when the cursor is showing, it appears to miss a beat.  i think this is because one intuits the cursor will stove blinking move and then start again. Instead it just carries on blinking and shows up in the next location - this may happen during an on or off. Try hitting the return when the cursor is visible as opposed to not and you'll see what I mean.

« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2007, 3:21pm by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Jack Baty

Reply #2 - Aug 6th, 2007, 3:42pm

Thanks Mark. I'd tried all sorts of different timings and no matter when I hit return the insertion point would disappear. I then opened the Keyboard and Mouse control panel, did nothing while there, closed it and now the insertion point is working as expected.

Sorry for the noise. No idea how that could've fixed it, but I'm not arguing with success Smiley

Thanks again.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #3 - Aug 6th, 2007, 6:27pm

Yea, I've had similar things with various apps - gremlins in the works. The good thing is that it's sorted now.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print