Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Business Development and Investment Services (Read 7721 times)
J Henslin

Florianópolis Brazil
Business Development and Investment Services
Aug 09th, 2007, 7:58am

Alright, I'll be the first to post here.

My work as an independent BD and Investment consultant involves many moving parts among multiple deals. I have three primary data types: deals, people and companies.

I use Tinderbox as a way to keep track of who from my extensive network of People and Companies (each a container) is involved in a given Deal. I use links to represent Relationships between people, companies and deals.

I also use Tinderbox for work-flow management: deals move from Ideas into First and Second stages, then into Active (each a container with with basic onAdd rules). I also have containers for Dormant, Dead and OnHold deals.

The Relationship links allow me to drill down into individual deals to determine where they originated, who is involved, etc.

I can also move 'up' from People and Company notes and determine who within my network is involved in my deals (I think the additional 'links' functionality in 4.0 will prove useful here).

The common word view gives me an interesting perspective on what my interests and activities are.

I have a few agents that look for key words like "need, should" and highlight related Notes (a high level GTD system). I will expand this area.

I lug my laptop into important meetings and use Tinderbox for brainstorming and note taking - cleaned up and incorporated into the model as required.

My business partners all wonder how I keep track of everything. Tinderbox has been a great tool for me.

Time is a waste of money
  IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Re: Business Development and Investment Services
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2007, 10:48am

BD = Business Development?

WWW   IP Logged
J Henslin