Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tinderbox Way (Read 11861 times)
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Tinderbox Way
Aug 10th, 2007, 12:51pm

Andy Dent wrote a very nice review of Tinderbox Way, at Amazon:http://www.amazon.com/Tinderbox-Way-Mark-Bernstein/dp/1884511465

Quote:
I've been an occasional Tinderbox user for a number of years, never quite getting into the program but kept thinking it was sufficiently useful to keep paying renewals. Some parts of this book are a bit like a "Missing Manual" for Tinderbox, especially when it comes to exporting to HTML. My enthusiasm for the software has risen dramatically from reading The Tinderbox Way but it's not just an effect of seeing some features explained in more detail.

Woven adroitly into the explanations of how to use the program are discussions of the background, starting from hypertext experimenters predating the Web.

I could personally justify the purchase just for the explanation of the history, including the failure, of "strongly-typed links"!

Lots more.

WWW   IP Logged
Ioa Petra-ka

Portland, Oregon, USA
Re: Tinderbox Way
Reply #1 - Mar 15th, 2008, 4:51pm

Do you ever have any intention of publishing this book in PDF format? I like keeping technical documents digital, as it saves desk space.

Av
  IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Re: Tinderbox Way
Reply #2 - Mar 16th, 2008, 8:53am

Perhaps!  We do posess a bare-bones pdf which we have made available to a few customers who were located in places where a book could not reliably be sent.  

But, all in all, I'd prefer to have a good pdf.  And there are some real advantages to the physical book, not least that it encourages the reader to stay with the book a little while and not rush off to work in Tinderbox !

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print