Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Possible to recover file? (Read 4949 times)
Diane Thompson

Kirkland Lake, ON, Canada
Possible to recover file?
Aug 12th, 2007, 4:13pm

I was so thrilled with the new changes to Tinderbox that I tried to revamp a file that has a huge amount of info (huge for me = 10 meg)  It has all my research in a variety of topics and I thought it would be a good idea to rearrange everything. Bad idea!
The next day when I went to open the file it took all day to load and when it was finished loading (file was visible) I still couldn't access it.  Is there any way I can get access to the information to start over?

WWW Diane Thompson   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Possible to recover file?
Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2007, 4:53pm

In such circumstances the best answer is to email Eastgate support directly.  The data is 'just' XML so can likely be fixed.  How easily depends on how corrupted the file is.  10MB, even zipped is probably to big for email. I'd zip the file and put is on some FTP or webspace and put the URL in the email so they can take a look (if needs be!).

« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2007, 3:44am by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Re: Possible to recover file?
Reply #2 - Aug 12th, 2007, 7:18pm

Keep backups of all your work, all the time.

What would happen if you rearranged all your research -- years of work -- and then accidentally hit "delete" at the wrong moment?  Or if the power failed?  Your disk drive crashed?  A tree fell on your house?

Stuff happens.  Backups help a lot.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print