Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
importing atom/rdf (Read 7044 times)
Stephen De Gabrielle

importing atom/rdf
Aug 17th, 2007, 6:26am

Hi, I'm interested in importing using the atom api, as well as importing citations gathered with the zotero citation manager (zotero.org) tool.

I've seen the [tinderbox internal] templates to import RSS; are their guidelines to creating your own? and on the same track, where the data is XML(rdf), is there a facility to create a mapping to the fields in a tinderbox note (like with spreadsheet table import)

Cheers,

Stephen

WWW Stephen De Gabrielle spdegabrielle@yahoo.com   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: importing atom/rdf
Reply #1 - Aug 17th, 2007, 8:30am

Further to my answer to your earlier thread on import, looking at the built-in RSS templates they seem to be using ^code^ words that are XML tags from the feed mark-up. I've not tested custom templates but I'd look to try the XML tags you want as ^-delimited codes. Although the closing ^ on a code is optional, ^code or ^code^, I'd suggest using ^code^ as the closing caret saves TB guessing where the code word ends.

As regards layout, use the existing templates as a guide. White space (true for >1 consecutive space?) and line returns between codes are respected in the template output.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Reply #2 - Aug 17th, 2007, 11:05am

Not quite yet, but Atom import *is* on the roadmap.

WWW   IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Reply #3 - Aug 18th, 2007, 1:28pm

We're planning a new, more powerful XML import facility.  It's likely, by its nature, to be primarily useful for expert users, with plug-ins that handle specific formats.  

Atom is one obvious target; some of the microformats might also make sense for this.

WWW   IP Logged
Stephen De Gabrielle

Reply #4 - Aug 18th, 2007, 2:39pm

Cool!

I'm hoping you will cover document (docbook, tei, etc) as well as data flavours of xml languages?  (the first mapping to notes and their children, the second mapping tags to note attributes. )

WWW Stephen De Gabrielle spdegabrielle@yahoo.com   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print