Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
AgentPriority of Notes (Read 5530 times)
maurice

London, UK
AgentPriority of Notes
Aug 26th, 2007, 12:52pm

While searching for overactive Agents, I noticed that ordinary notes (not agents) have an AgentPriority of 1 (normal) rather than -1 (off). Presumably this has no implications for cpu use?

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: AgentPriority of Notes
Reply #1 - Aug 27th, 2007, 5:41am

This attribute exists for both Notes and Map adornments. Testing shows changing the setting has no effect on running actions & rules; in short, the attribute is ignored for all objects except Agents. As such I don't believe there's any effect on CPU usage.

(Every attribute (i.e. field) exists for every record regardless of whether it is actually used. Tinderbox will use the info as it needs to.)

Does that help?

[small edit 8/27 for accuracy -- MB]

« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2007, 3:35pm by Mark Bernstein »  

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Re: AgentPriority of Notes
Reply #2 - Aug 27th, 2007, 3:37pm

Tinderbox's AgentManager and RuleManager objects have special code that handles the (very common) cases of

- notes that aren't agents
    - rules that happen to be empty

very efficiently.  There's no need (and no gain) in setting AgentPriority for notes that aren't agents.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print