Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Defining Where Note Windows Open (Read 5391 times)
Robert Ullrey

Defining Where Note Windows Open
Sep 24th, 2007, 12:43pm

Is there a way to define in a prototype where new note windows will appear on the screen. Writing on my macbook, I would like new notes to open in the center of the screen. Right now they always open in the upper left.

Thanks

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Defining Where Note Windows Open
Reply #1 - Sep 24th, 2007, 4:38pm

I don't believe this is possible as there is no preference for this and Height/Width/XPos/YPos are attributes explicitly not inherited from prototypes.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
maurice

London, UK
Re: Defining Where Note Windows Open
Reply #2 - Sep 25th, 2007, 1:44pm

If you have a macro program like QuicKeys (and possibly iKey) you can create a macro that will open a new note and immediately move it to your preferred screen position. Give the macro a keyboard shortcut, then every note you create using the shortcut will appear at your chosen location.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print