Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Unable to pick "HTML template file" setting (Read 4466 times)
Les Orchard

Livonia, MI
Unable to pick "HTML template file" setting
Nov 07th, 2007, 2:24am

Starting to play around with building a document from scratch to build a site, and one of the first thing I'm trying to do is chose a path for the "HTML template file" setting in both / either the app-level and document-level preferences.

However, every file in the dialog box is greyed out.  I can't pick any.  If I save the doc, close it, then manually edit a template path into the XML - things work.  But, I can't set the preference from within Tinderbox.

For example, this is what I manually edit into the document source:

<ExportTemplate > Macintosh HD:Users:lorchard:Sites:tindertumble:templates:default.html</ExportTemplate>

For what it's worth, I'm running Leopard.  Might this be a bug?

--
l.m.orchard@pobox.com
{web,mad,computer} scientist
http://decafbad.com
WWW deus_x deusx23   IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Re: Unable to pick "HTML template file" setting
Reply #1 - Nov 7th, 2007, 11:08am

Nope, not a bug.  

Tinderbox doesn't think that your templates are plain text files.  Might they be saved as RTF?   saved as RTF?  Or something else?

For insiders, the file type should be TEXT, or ????, or empty.

WWW   IP Logged
Les Orchard

Livonia, MI
Re: Unable to pick "HTML template file" setting
Reply #2 - Nov 7th, 2007, 12:49pm

Mark Bernstein wrote on Nov 7th, 2007, 11:08am:
Nope, not a bug.  

Tinderbox doesn't think that your templates are plain text files.  Might they be saved as RTF?   saved as RTF?  Or something else?

For insiders, the file type should be TEXT, or ????, or empty.

Hmm, weird.  I created and saved the templates from VIM 7.0 originally.  I also just created one with TextEdit, still to no avail.  For what it's worth, I finally got it to work when I dropped down to the Terminal, changed to the templates directory, and ran this command:

/Developer/Tools/SetFile -t TEXT *

Also for what it's worth, I got this info on the test.html file I created with TextEdit but couldn't select in Tinderbox:

$ /Developer/Tools/GetFileInfo test.html
file: "/Users/lorchard/Sites/tindertumble/templates/test.html"
type: ""
creator: ""
attributes: avbstclinmedz
created: 11/07/2007 09:46:05
modified: 11/07/2007 09:46:05

Type seems empty, but I can't select it until run SetFile to explicitly give it a TEXT type.

--
l.m.orchard@pobox.com
{web,mad,computer} scientist
http://decafbad.com
WWW deus_x deusx23   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print