Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Keyboard Shortcuts (Read 10446 times)
olonoff

Keyboard Shortcuts
Jan 21st, 2008, 3:34pm

Where can I find a list of Tinderbox Keyboard Shortcuts?

Is it possible to create / assign keyboard shortcuts?

« Last Edit: Jan 21st, 2008, 3:38pm by olonoff »  
  IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Keyboard Shortcuts
Reply #1 - Jan 21st, 2008, 4:18pm

olonoff wrote on Jan 21st, 2008, 3:34pm:
Where can I find a list of Tinderbox Keyboard Shortcuts?

See this aTbRef page. App menus show shortcuts attached to menu items.  The aTbRef page also lists those shortcuts not otherwise annotated in the user interface. There may be a few others (I occasionally stumble over new ones) and I'll happily update list if any are missing.

olonoff wrote on Jan 21st, 2008, 3:34pm:
Is it possible to create / assign keyboard shortcuts?

Not via Tinderbox itself. As you'll notice, it uses a lot of shortcuts already. There may be some third party macro-type apps that allow you to do clever things with shortcuts - I think a few are listed on the TB wiki.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Jack Baty

Reply #2 - Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:03am

Weirdest thing, I just came here to post a question about keyboard shortcuts and here's this thread! One I was looking for was changing focus in a text window from Key Attributes to Text. Turns out it's option-tab. Never saw those before in atbxref. Thanks!

The shortcut I can't seem to find, and would use dozens of times a day, is a way to move from the text box in the Find window down to the list of results. Tabbing *seems* like it should work, but doesn't. Currently I have to use the mouse to select the note I want in the results after searching. Ideally I could type my search phrase, hit Tab, and arrow down to the result I want, then hit enter or space or [cmd]+[o].

« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:04am by Jack Baty »  
  IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #3 - Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:29am

I think the latter's a feature request in the making.

For the former issue, to clarify behaviour in a text window:
  • opt+tab toggles focus between the current cursor location in the text part of the window and the first key attribute listed.
  • once in key attributes, tab cycles the user through all current key attributes.

Not sure if there's a shortcut to cycle all open windows (i.e. views, text windows, etc.).

« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2008, 6:01pm by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Reply #4 - Jan 23rd, 2008, 1:15pm

To cycle among open view and text windows, use cmd-` (Windows: Send Behind)

WWW   IP Logged
Jack Baty

Reply #5 - Jan 23rd, 2008, 1:38pm

> I think the latter's a feature request in the making.

How does one make a feature request? Is there a formal process or are they just picked up from threads like this somehow?

Either way, please consider "A way to tab into the list of notes in the find window" to be one. Thanks.

IP Logged
Willem Smelik

Reply #6 - Jan 23rd, 2008, 3:05pm

You can also assign a new shortcut via System preferences > Keyboard & Mouse > shortcuts. I have several of them, sometimes specifically for a single application.

And since this morning I have a PC keyboard, small (without numeric keypad) and rugged like the old IBM keyboards of old (Cherry Compact G84-4100). Nice clicks, and less space to cover when I use the mouse. But because it's not Apple, I have to assign new functions to certain keys. And while I wish System preferences would allow more of that, I can make even this keyboard (without an Command-key) work for me.

IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Reply #7 - Jan 24th, 2008, 1:37pm

will move the keyboard focus in the Find palette in Tinderbox 4.1

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print