Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Different fonts and colours per View (Read 3945 times)
Andrew Saffer

Different fonts and colours per View
Mar 23rd, 2008, 11:27pm

I'd like to leave the Outline as it is, and in Map View change the font of the title of a note (e.g. Marker Felt), and the colour of that note to simulate a Post-It Note.

How can I do this? So far I changed them for what I thought was Map View only, and I looked at my outline, which is now completely yellow and in Marker Felt...

Thanks,

Andrew

IP Logged
Ioa Petra-ka

Portland, Oregon, USA
Re: Different fonts and colours per View
Reply #1 - Mar 24th, 2008, 2:44am

That is a good question. I think that you are stuck with the font showing up in both views, but you can set the background in the map to be different by using the Color2 attribute and the Pattern attribute to 'bar(100)'. This creates a bar graph where Color2 is the bar, and then sets the value of the bar to 100%.

Av
  IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Different fonts and colours per View
Reply #2 - Mar 24th, 2008, 7:24am

Concur with Amber. I've just tested and NameFont not only sets the note icon's font of the name in Map view but the same value is also used in the following views - Outline, Chart, Treemap, Roadmap, Find, Path, Common Words (and probably a few more obscure views I've overlooked). I've also updated the aTbRef notes on NameFont to reflect this.

You can't create custom attributes to split Map from other views, so this is really a feature request that you might want to make directly to Eastgate. One suggestion is a 'ViewFont' attribute that would default to the same as NameFont (i.e. set via Map prefs) but which would control the font used in all other views except Map. This avoids attribute bloat, but I guess one could consider an 'OutlineNameFont' if Map, Outline and everything else really needed different fonts.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print