Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Gardening (Read 27385 times)
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Gardening
Reply #15 - Jun 25th, 2008, 3:43am

Rafter, no problem. There should be an email button at the bottom of each post (I'll PM you my address as well). What TB version are you using? I ask just so I know whether to use internal templates or not - internal keeps it all in one file & I find that better for maintenance.  also let me know if you prefer tab-delimited or comma-separated as your text format for Excel imports.

In you email, could you list the export columns  - in order - by name and indicate for each what the relevant attribute is called and the data type of the attribute. In most cases the type doesn't matter but with Date fields we need to consider formatting for correct Excel import, assuming you want an Excel date cell when imported - otherwise we can just generate a text string that Excel will treat as text.

If you haven't already, take a look at this thread on Exporting for Spreadsheets where I've linked to a quick generic demo of the process you describe.  With your info and can make templates more suited to your task.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print