Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Brainstorming for a camp (Read 21502 times)
Loryn

Brainstorming for a camp
Jun 21st, 2008, 8:26am

I had only ten minutes to prepare for a brainstorming session to plan for our club campout. Here's what I did:
1. I used Skitch to grab a time-line from iCal.
2. Threw down five adornments to represent days.
3. Created the following attributes: {number attributes} day, duration, startTime, {set attribute} todoBy.
4. Created a stamp for each person.
5. Created a prototype for a Program item, and a stamp to set it.
6. Then created agents to capture who is doing what tasks. And gave everyone a color code.

During the brainstorming session, I realised we have questions about some of the activities being planned. So I created an agent to search for the word Question, and turn that activity magenta.

And there you have it, the foundation for our planning session.

Here is what our plan looked like after we finished brainstorming.

What else is there to do?
1. Export the schedule formatted as a table.
2. Create an equipment list.
3. Create a to do list.
4. Find the answers to our questions.
5. 101 other things, and then, ... , go on the camp and have fun!

I was actually planning on doing the brainstorming session on a whiteboard. But after I got the idea of doing this in Tinderbox visually---and the visual aspect of it was key to the success of the meeting---I found the malleability of the medium was much better than doing it by hand. I truly can't believe how quick and easy this was.

And, with the agent support, extremely powerful.

« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2008, 4:28pm by Loryn »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print