Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
All my context prototypes are greyed out! (Read 5795 times)
Rafter T. Sass

Burlington, VT
All my context prototypes are greyed out!
Jun 27th, 2008, 1:21pm

Wow, this is weird. I was trying a few different methods of automating the assignation of contexts to notes: rules in the task prototype vs. conditional On Add actions.

Ex. If$Name(Email){Prototype=*Email);If$Name(Call){Prototype=*Phone)

etc. etc.

Anyway, it wasn't working quite right, and I didn't want to spend any more time on it - it not really being that important - so I just erased the rules and actions from their various locations.

Now, ALL MY TASK CONTEXT PROTOTYPES are greyed out and unselectable. Any ideas? This kind screws up my whole workflow!

raughter   IP Logged
Rafter T. Sass

Burlington, VT
Re: All my context prototypes are greyed out!
Reply #1 - Jun 27th, 2008, 1:24pm

Well, now they're back.

That was weird. I guess my Tbx just wanter a little extra attention.

Out of curiosity (rather than my very recent desperation), what would cause prototypes to appear on the pull-down menu, but be greyed out?

raughter   IP Logged
Rafter T. Sass

Burlington, VT
Reply #2 - Jun 27th, 2008, 1:27pm

OK, now they are gone again.

Crap.

raughter   IP Logged
Rafter T. Sass

Burlington, VT
Reply #3 - Jun 27th, 2008, 2:22pm

Solved it!

I perhaps should just erase the whole thread, but maybe it will be useful to another newbie.

I'm not sure how, but I (or an agent (I've always thought it would be cool if we could call them "minions")) inadvertently made the *Task prototype a prototype of one of the contexts. So, the generic *Task, to which each of the context prototypes (email, home, errand, etc.) referred, was in turn referring to *Email.

A note-by-note check rooted out the weirdness, and my contexts (and thus my whole dang GTD system) are up and running again!

raughter   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print