Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
I don't know why it is doing this? (Read 16415 times)
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: I don't know why it is doing this?
Reply #15 - Aug 29th, 2008, 11:35am

Thanks for the specimen page. It renders but only because the browser is guessing the structure.  <li> elements should be inside a <ul></ul> or <ol></element>. Your output has niether.  I also can't work out why the last two lines =- which appear to be from the same sentence -- are split between an <li> and <p> element.

If you post your 2 templates, I'll try and figure out the errors so the output is proper code. As you're using a 'STRICT' DTD I assume that's what you'd like to achieve. However, if it's 'good enough' as is, that's fine. The code is only a means to an end, not an end in itself.

« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2008, 8:27am by Mark Bernstein »  

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print