Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Can Agents create links? (Read 5655 times)
Jose John

Can Agents create links?
Aug 31st, 2008, 1:47am

Hi,

I want to use an agent to create a link from one note to many others.

Say I am tracking news and each news item mentions a few companies.

Each news item is a note, of *news prototype.

Each company is a note, of *entity prototype.

How do I define an Agent which cycles through each *entity note and links that note to ALL notes of type *news where the name of the company occurs in the news item?

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Can Agents create links?
Reply #1 - Aug 31st, 2008, 5:13am

Tinderbox can't automatically create internal (as opposed to at export) links for you.Actions - the 'doing' code for agents - works primarily on notes and their content, not links. It seems you need an action operator (and Expeort code?) that is the opposite of the current links() operator. The latter makes sets from existing links whereas you need to make links from existing sets or agent children (the set might be created by the agent). This looks like an interesting feature request.  

Thought: if such a feature were added it would be useful to be able to specify a link type (if nec. adding a new type); this would ensure that if you auto-added a lot of links and made a mistake you could find them using the Path view - Path view would also need to add the ability to delete links of the selected type (hopefully with a 'did you mean this?' warning.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print