Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tinderbox vs 1password (Read 7591 times)
Sebastian Stephenson

Tinderbox vs 1password
Oct 08th, 2008, 9:20am

Ok so I am trying out 1password at the moment and I would like to buy it but I know that I can make in tinderbox(and I like to use it as much as I can) it would not be to difficult

I mean I could replace the my1password functionally. Export a html page so that its lists all my web forms(1password terminology) as a html page with a python script(for password protection) in front of the exported html page.

The iphone app I do not really need

The one thing that would be missing is the browser extensions that would be the only thing

I guess I am letting the tinderbox community decide for me and you may debate as much as you like as really that's want I wanted

thanks and please I want your opinion

Sebastian Stephenson sebey9   IP Logged
greg ibendahl

Re: Tinderbox vs 1password
Reply #1 - Oct 8th, 2008, 10:20am

I have 1Password and it's a wonderful tool. Tinderbox is a wonderful tool. However, these tools have basically zero overlap. Using Tinderbox to store passwords would be like using Excel for a word processor. You could do it, but why. For storing passwords and then refilling web forms, 1Password is hard to beat. My experience with the browser extensions has been flawless and very easy to use.

IP Logged
Sebastian Stephenson

Reply #2 - Oct 8th, 2008, 1:22pm

I guess but I think that I maybe wondering over the purchase is mainly because I want I account manager. I like to show what I have registered rather than Password generator so that maybe why I am considering doing a tinderbox document rather than buy 1password the rest really would be extra but I guess that they are really good extras

RobertW

Reply #3 - Oct 9th, 2008, 5:53pm

Here's another thought- if you have Tinderbox, you have Yojimbo. Yojimbo has a built-in password and serial number keeper.

I use both 1password and Yojimbo for exactly the reason you mentioned.

I suppose that you could also make a Tinderbox document as the "show what I have registered".

But if you skip 1Password altogether you'll be missing out on a lot of convenience.

IP Logged
Sebastian Stephenson

sebey@me.com
Reply #4 - Oct 10th, 2008, 12:10pm

yes thanks for that suggestion but I think I may decide on getting 1password

I did try yojimbo once and it did what it does but really that browser integration is killer and you can bring you data anywhere with my1password and the iphone app

but it was mainly greg ibendahl blunt reply that really got me thinking about getting it I did ask a few others before

mainly though I guess its because I have spend money on apps and then used them for a months and then they become useless because I want to go somewhere else in terms of a workflow but I know for a fact I'll always be in my tinderbox and 1password well I use the internet and until I stop useing the internet (when I die) then its is useless which I don't like

thanks sorry for the long reply but thanks feel free to debate anything about tinderbox instead of 1password

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print