Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Add drag-and-drop support for links from Sente (Read 3357 times)
Jim Collison

Michigan
Add drag-and-drop support for links from Sente
Dec 22nd, 2008, 11:01pm

I'd love to see drag and drop support for links from Sente (a bibliography manager), as has been done for Bookends, and URLs from Safari.

Currently a Sente link looks like this (for a reference stored in my Sente collection called "Master Library," for a link to a 1977 work by Freeman Tilden):

sente:/Master+Library/Tilden+1977

Really, it's no different from a standard URL, except that it begins with "sente" and has only one forward slash (/).

Right now, I can put the Sente link into Tinderbox by either directly inputting the link directly in the URL attribute, or plugging the link into Safari first, and dragging it over from there.  Once the Sente link is in Tinderbox, it behaves correctly (Sente opens, and goes to the reference).

So while my situation is currently workable, having it be drag-and-drop (like Bookends & Safari) would be nice.

Thanks!
- Jim Collison

IP Logged
Jim Collison

Michigan
Re: Add drag-and-drop support for links from Sente
Reply #1 - Dec 22nd, 2008, 11:09pm

Sorry, I should have included this in the topic title: This is a feature request.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print