Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sharing Prototypes Across Files (Read 3262 times)
sampsasamila

Sharing Prototypes Across Files
Dec 30th, 2008, 1:51pm

I like to have each project's notes in its on Tinderbox file to keep all project related files in the same Finder folder. Many of my project Tinderbox files have a similar form and use the same prototypes. If I improve the format of the file in one project, I have to update the prototypes by hand in each of the other Tinderbox files. If it were possible to access prototypes in external templates, like export templates, it would make this process much easier.

IP Logged
Joshua Brown

Eugene, Oregon
Re: Sharing Prototypes Across Files
Reply #1 - Dec 30th, 2008, 5:24pm

I second that request, the ability to export and import prototypes would be great.  Alternatively, you could create the same functionality by allowing users to define and edit master/template tinderbox documents

joshuawesleybrown jwbatscu   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print