Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Event in the UK (Read 7435 times)
Alex Strick van Linschoten

Holland
Event in the UK
Jan 7th, 2009, 1:53am

Hi, I saw that you have events in the US quite a lot (although there does seem to have been one in Cambridge in April) but I was wondering whether there were any plans for anything in London (or even Cambridge again)?

Thanks. A.

« Last Edit: Jan 07th, 2009, 1:59am by Alex Strick van Linschoten »  
WWW strickvl   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Event in the UK
Reply #1 - Jan 7th, 2009, 11:10am

I know Mark's open to UK/European events. There was talk of a possible London event if a suitable venue could be found. If you know of one do email Eastgate. The Cambridge weekend was interesting and had attendees from Norway, Canada, Germany and Belgium as well as those from UK with all sorts of skills represented.

Short of formal TB Weekend events I'm sure there's scope for an informal TB user evening in a place like London (better if a venue with power/projection/(?wifi), otherwise a quiet pub or location where a few users could meet and chew over TB related stuff. I think there a good few users in London.

FWIW, I'm down on the UK south coast at Portsmouth but work does take me up to London; I'm certainly open to meeting up or tslking with TB users. The forum's still best place not least as more people can benefit from the discussion, but if your data' too private to share or the topic's not eas to encapsulate in the post, then if you track me down via email first also I'm usually available (in UK hours!) to talk via iChat (mwra@mac.com) or Skype ('shoantel').

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Re: Event in the UK
Reply #2 - Mar 12th, 2009, 2:58pm

Here we go: Tinderbox Weekend London, May 9-10, 2009. Registration opens shortly.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print