Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Select/Edit Note Text Directly in Map View. (Read 4343 times)
Greg McQueen

Select/Edit Note Text Directly in Map View.
Jan 22nd, 2009, 9:40am

So, instead of opening the note, I can quickly edit the text inside it as displayed in Map View. Editing and linking bits of text would one less click away.

IP Logged
Evan Harmon

Re: Select/Edit Note Text Directly in Map View.
Reply #1 - Mar 6th, 2009, 8:48pm

I would like to second this request emphatically. It's actually my #1 feature request. I first learned of Tinderbox a year or two ago by way of trying to find a more scaleable way than OmniGraffle of writing spatially-represented bits of text. I decided against Tinderbox at that time primarily because I could not quickly create/edit notes directly in the map view (at least not as quickly as you can in OmniGraffle). I am now mostly sold on Tinderbox, but adding this feature would be tremendously useful for my needs.

IP Logged
Paul Walters
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 7th, 2009, 8:34am

Editing is already one keypress away.  Select a note in the map and press the spacebar.  If an explorer view is open, the focus switches to the explorer view and the text for that note.  If not, another window opens (whose name I can never remember) to edit text.  Personally, I find this easier and less error prone than directly editing text in the map view.

IP Logged
Evan Harmon

Reply #3 - Mar 7th, 2009, 9:23pm

You're right it's not that difficult to pull off. But I still think there should be a way to edit text directly in the textbox. I know when I think of something to write, there is no way that is quick enough to get it down so any barrier to actually start writing I think is an improvement. Also, editing text directly in the textbox would allow you to keep your eyes on the spatial representation of your information as you are adding to it. The spatial aspect of Tinderbox is one of its biggest attractions (to me anyway.)

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print