Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Text badges (Read 3996 times)
Paul Walters
Ex Member

Text badges
Feb 15th, 2009, 8:56am

I use badges frequently.  It would be useful to have text badges.  With this, we would have more variety and variability than with the icons.  We could use symbol or wingding fonts as well.  I think these attributes would suffice: Text Badge (boolean; default "False"); Badge Font (string; font name; default same as the document's note label font); Badge Character (string; single character).  I'm suggesting a single character so as to not interfere with the existing display spacing.  Surely there are other considerations and complications for the programmers.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Text badges
Reply #1 - Feb 15th, 2009, 9:34am

In the meantime, you can create a set of custom icon files of different characters and add those to the existing ones as explained on the wiki.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Willem

Re: Text badges
Reply #2 - May 10th, 2009, 7:14am

I like the idea of text badges!

IP Logged
Pages: 1