Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Disable Text Window (ViewInBrowser) (Read 3670 times)
Johnnie Wilcox - mistersquid

San Francisco, CA
Disable Text Window (ViewInBrowser)
Feb 25th, 2009, 11:20am

I'd like the option to disable the Text Window, especially for notes whose "ViewInBrowser" attribute is true.

I'm not sure what would happen with Explorer View, but whatever would be easiest would be what works best for me.

I'm primarily concerned that Outline and Map view open the URL in the system-designated application without "littering" the screen with a new Text View.

If I could do this, I could build an (usable) interface to any file or application on the/a host computer*, and I cannot tell you how excited I am about the possibility of sharing such a thing with the Tinderbox community!

(Another way of describing this is a launcher with all the flexibility that a Tinderbox interface [e.g. metadata] would provide.)

« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2009, 1:10pm by Johnnie Wilcox - mistersquid »  
  IP Logged
Johnnie Wilcox - mistersquid

San Francisco, CA
Re: Disable Text Window (ViewInBrowser)
Reply #1 - Mar 7th, 2009, 9:08am

I'm rethinking this feature request. Rather than add another attribute, I think it would be better to have a keyboard modifier if it's not too much trouble.

For example, Command or Ctrl plus Double Click would not open the note but would open the associated URL. Alternatively, a menu item under Note to "View URL in Browser" would work, too, as I would be able to attach a keyboard shortcut to it.

Thanks for considering.

« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2009, 9:09am by Johnnie Wilcox - mistersquid »  
  IP Logged
Roscoe Brooks

Re: Disable Text Window (ViewInBrowser)
Reply #2 - Mar 26th, 2009, 8:45am

This would be a great feature for me too. Extending up this, having WebKit embedded in Tinderbox as an alternative text view would be ideal for many uses.

« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2009, 8:48am by Roscoe Brooks »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print