Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fault-tolerant spreadsheet import (Read 3060 times)
Paul Walters
Ex Member

Fault-tolerant spreadsheet import
Mar 01st, 2009, 9:31am

I often paste spreadsheet tables into Tinderbox so that I get one note for each row.  If there is an error in a row then Tinderbox pastes the whole table as one note, rather than as individual notes.  Troubleshooting the problem can be tricky.  It would be useful if Tinderbox would create notes for the rows that are error-free, and for rows that are not error-free it would create a note named "ERROR AT ROW xx".

I have no idea if this is possible.  It sure would be useful, though.

IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Re: Fault-tolerant spreadsheet import
Reply #1 - Mar 6th, 2009, 12:27pm

I *think* that, if you simply make sure there are no empty cells, all will be well.

(Empty cells are a problem, because it can be hard for Tinderbox to distinguish a spreadsheet with lots of empty cells from a tab-delimited outline, or indeed from straight text that happens to have a lot of tabs!)

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print