Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Exporting links (Read 4913 times)
AsafKeller

Exporting links
Mar 04th, 2009, 8:23am

(1) I am trying to export notes with both basic and text links to html. Seems that is a note has a URL attribute (in my case, a link to a Bookends reference), neither inboundLinks nor basiclinks to that note are exported. Is the URL "overtaking" this capability?

(2) I would like each of the exported links to be preceded by its link type; is this possible?
Thanks.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Exporting links
Reply #1 - Mar 4th, 2009, 9:32am

Please post your template's code so we've a common reference. What your describe sounds like incorrect outcome but there's insufficient detail to know where the app's at fault or it is (unintended) user error.

#2.  I don't believe you can access a link' linkType as you can a reference an attribute.  However, certain linkTypes (see here) allow you to filter link generation - inbound or outbound - by link type, though only discretely within the forms 'basic' 'text' or 'web' (latter outbound only).

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
AsafKeller

Reply #2 - Mar 4th, 2009, 10:52am

Thanks, Mark.
(1) Thus far the code is simple (see below). Notes have a URL attribute (such as bookends://sonnysoftware.com/64985) and a user defined attribute "Citation" (such as {Gerke et al., 2003, #64985}). When exporting HTML, the links are omitted from notes in which the URL attribute exists.
Code:
<h2>^title^</h2>
^text
^get(URL)
^get(Citation)
^inboundLinks^
^basiclinks^ 

(2) The inability to export a link's linkType seems to be an unfortunate handicap. Apologies, Mark. I now see that code such as below would allow me to do what I need. TB never ceases to amaze. Thanks. Code:
^outboundWebLinks( [start, list-item-prefix, list-item-suffix, end, type] )^ 

« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2009, 11:10am by AsafKeller »  
  IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #3 - Mar 4th, 2009, 11:46am

Only time for a very brief check but it works for me - even with a $URL value set. FWIW, I always close all export tags - i.e. put a caret at the end of all export codes. Though you may leave these out it means TB has to guess (usually correctly!) where the code ends. I figure if I know where the code ends why, for the sake of a ^, make TB guess?

Ah, basic & inbound links are internal TB links. They can't link to Bookends as that is an external (web) link - like the URL attribute. Might be worth reviewing this page and its sub-pages.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print