Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
aTbRef for v4.6+ (Read 32017 times)
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: aTbRef for v4.6
Reply #15 - Apr 17th, 2009, 12:11pm

Good! I've since added a link to the outline on all pages - look top right, above the TB logo.  I've done a lot of fixing tidying in the last couple of days and just uploaded the current TBX to my .mac pages. The TBX includes all templates so you can see how the outline is produced.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: aTbRef for v4.6+
Reply #16 - Jun 25th, 2009, 7:01pm

The current aTbRef (baseline v4.6.0) has been updated for v4.7.0. - change log for the new version is here and it mainly covers new/changed features. For info on lots of minor fixes see the Release notes TBX accessed from the app's Help menu.

The manual has added a few references to point to new features but for now your best starting reference for new things is probably the aTbRef v4.7.0 change log page.

Please let me know if you find any missing images, broken links, typos, etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Help-as-TBX site is not updated yet. I need to difference the v4.6 and v4.7 manuals and haven't had time to do that yet.

« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2009, 7:19pm by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #17 - Jul 14th, 2009, 4:40am

Further updates to reflect things clarified by the recent thread on textual analysis, re text import, exploding, Text Export view. Reflecting the fact queries are now conditional action code, content from the Agent Queries section has been re-factored to Actions & Rules or Objects & Concepts. Note: some inbound links from here and other sites may now not work.

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Paul Walters
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Jul 14th, 2009, 7:34am

Mark,
I've noticed a minor disconnect in the documentation.  AppleScripts added to the Scripts pop-up menu in the Note sidebar should be uncompiled.  The manual (4.7 and predecessors) tells us to use compiled scripts (incorrect).  The Wiki says to ignore the manual and use uncompiled (the correct answer).  aTBRef mentions adding scripts, but is silent on their correct flavor.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #19 - Jul 14th, 2009, 8:01am

Good point. Happy to correct that but terminology has changed.  In Script Editor, the default option for saving is as 'script' which I believe equates to 'compiled'.  Uncompiled format equates to what - 'text'?

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #20 - Jul 14th, 2009, 8:10am

Just tested as in today's terminology 'uncompiled' = save as 'text'.  Now see here, here and here which have been updated to reflect this.

« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2009, 8:30am by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Paul Walters
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Jul 14th, 2009, 8:12am

"Compiled" and "Uncompiled" are terms used in the TBX documentation (as noted above) - as you mentioned, the terms are outmoded.  I've found that the Tinderbox Scripts pop-up in the sidebar accepts scripts saved as "text" - and rejects .script files.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #22 - Jul 21st, 2009, 4:39pm

The aTbRef46 resource has been updated to v4.7.1. The TBX download is not yet available as I need to re-write my.mac pages since Homepages were retired.

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Paul Walters
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Sep 19th, 2009, 10:16am

@mark-a: I think the links to sub-pages on Attributes > Attribute Groups > Appearance in aTbRef are broken.  This is to pages such as Badge, Border, etc.  (There are other ways to find those pages; this is not critical; just FYI).

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #24 - Sep 19th, 2009, 11:41am

Thanks. No, really, I appreciate the heads up. There are a lot of pages nad incremental update mean things sometimes get out of alignment. I've just nuked the existing site and done a full re-upload which should fix this. Give a shout if you still have problems.  I think an agent somehow got set not to export it's children, plus at v?? the TBX reset itself to use long filenames rather than 8.3-style ones. I think I've flushed all the bad links now.

Always happy to get reports about typos or broken links.  It's the best proof there is that people are reading the pages!

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #25 - Sep 28th, 2009, 6:23pm

Updated the Date format page to correct the examples for the "L" format. Originally (and in the manual still) the examples relate to what is now the OS' "full" date. Over time something's changed and the "L" output is the OS "long" date, which is likely more useful; the manual will get updated in due course.

Meanwhile, it's also very easy to make up a custom string for the OS "full" date format. The following example is for a UK "full" date (i.e. day/month order): "W, d MM y"

Use as in:
    Export code:  ^get(MyDate,"W, d MM y")^
    Action code:  format($MyDate,"W, d MM y")

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print