Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Where clause? (Read 14582 times)
Loryn

Re: Where clause?
Reply #15 - Mar 08th, 2009, 6:51pm

Mark

My results vary. I pasted in your queries, and get no results returned. My testing file is here:

http://myaccount.dropsend.com/file/e3f4824884156954

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Where clause?
Reply #16 - Mar 8th, 2009, 7:33pm

Thanks for the test file, which (as you might expect) works that same here as for you.  I dit try changing some '=' to the new, more explicit '==' operator (new to v4.6) but without effect. Same for using the new non #-prefixed operator inside. Again, no change.

Aha.  I tried a query of just $Name==$Name(prevSibling) in a new agent in your test file. nothing.  I added a sibling to 'b' called 'b'  too and got 1 match - b. Huh? This works as the sibling being checked is not the previous sort order alias in the agent, but the previous outline order note of the original of the alise.

So, I think the issue (an issue!) here is matching originals vs aliases. Either I'm being forgetful (not unusual) or changes in v4.6 to allow aliases to retain some difference from the original are intruding.  We've sen this issue crop up elsewhere in that where you used to set an agent action of Container = ... you now need to set $Container(original) = .... Otherwise an alias is placed in the Container not the original is you'd intuit.

We have an 'original' designator to tell TB we explicitly mean the original not an alias of it. Do we need an 'alias' designator to solve this? I think not, as to which alias would it refer is more than one exists. Rather, I think we need to let Mark & the Eastgate team take stock of a few 'v1.0' issues relating to the v4.6 that are coming to light. TB is multi-faceted making testing every configuration difficult; I notice I sent in over 100 messages in the last beta period alone - lots did get tested! Meanwhile, the new Tinderbox Cookbook is a laudable initiative at giving us users a method of unit testing code.

« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2009, 7:54pm by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print