Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Linkify common words cloud in HTML? (Read 3214 times)
Allan Tsai

Linkify common words cloud in HTML?
Mar 24th, 2009, 6:06pm

While in Tinderbox you can click on any word in the common words view to bring up a list of notes that contain that word.

Any ideas on how to duplicate this functionality with the exported HTML web pages?

The only clue I have thus far is ^sectionCloud^ which produces the cloud but only in a text stream. It has no relation to indexes or agents.

The context of my question is that I want to create dynamic filters based on common words. Given a pool of notes, display the common words. Allow the user to click on one of the words to bring up a smaller pool of notes with that word and then show cloud for that smaller pool.

Thanks!

Tinderbox 4.7.1
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM
OS X 10.6.1
  IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Linkify common words cloud in HTML?
Reply #1 - Mar 24th, 2009, 6:37pm

I think this is effectively a feature request. You're correct that ^cloud, ^sectionCloud and ^documentCloud output the words as in 'common words' view for item/section/document scope. Although you can set the mark-up for the exported words with $HTMLCloud1 to 5 Start & End, this doesn't enable you to generate links to all notes that might contain the word.  I just checked a common word from a page in my TBX and got 297 links - so there's also an angle of managing unwanted volume of data.

I'm not sure if there's some way to put the common words into a links() action that would make a set of note names that could then, via a format() call be exported as links.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print