Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Expression helper (Read 3458 times)
Amafortas

Expression helper
Mar 28th, 2009, 10:49am

Most spreadsheet programs contain a helper for writing formulas. The helper will not only provide a list of available commands but will also explain what the commands do, the elements necessary to make them work and an example or two.

I wonder, would such a thing be possible to include in Tinderbox for the actions and rules windows associated with agents and adornments?

If so, I think it would help newbies like me to become oriented with the program more quickly and to stop bothering the Marks with what I can only assume are the most elemental sorts of questions.

~A

IP Logged
Johnnie Wilcox - mistersquid

San Francisco, CA
Re: Expression helper
Reply #1 - Mar 28th, 2009, 11:43am

It does take a little while to get the hang of Tinderbox syntax, and you can find a helpful resource in the Tinderbox application under

Help > Tinderbox Users' Manual

If you go to page 116, you will see a discussion of Agents and a discussion of agent query syntax starting on page 118.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Expression helper
Reply #2 - Mar 28th, 2009, 1:05pm

I also commend the Tinderbox cookbook: http://www.eastgate.com/Tinderbox/cookbook/

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print