Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tutorial syntax (Read 8141 times)
Paul Walters
Ex Member

Tutorial syntax
Mar 29th, 2009, 6:54am

I'm interested in building a Tinderbox .tut file, along the lines of the "Borders" and "Tutorial" items available from the Help menu.  This would be using the tutorial scripting syntax provided at the end of the borders.tut file.  That syntax seems to date to Tinderbox 2.5.0.  Have there been tutorial syntax updates since 2.5.0?   Or is the tutorial feature deprecated and "at your own risk"?

I think it would be an interesting learning project to construct a .tut.  Part 2 of the project I have in mind would be to create a Tinderbox document that generates a .tut.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Tutorial syntax
Reply #1 - Mar 29th, 2009, 7:49am

They only documentation such as there is in aTbRef: http://www.acrobatfaq.com/atbref46/index/TutorialsandWizards.html

FWIW, I wrote those docs before writing the Borders tutorial. I've written wizards too.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Paul Walters
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 29th, 2009, 8:41am

A good starting point and reference - thank you!

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #3 - Mar 31st, 2009, 10:29am

There might be more undiscovered syntax - I just documented what I found in the existing tutorial & wizard files. If you really need extra syntax, you should consider contacting Eastgate support and explaining what you'd like and why. Bear in mind any additions will likely restrict the user based to those using the next version+ as the support for any new syntax is likely not retrospective. Also any such work on the tutorial may likely to come lower on the priority for available engineering time - especially now while v4.6 syntax changes are still bedding down.

« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2009, 10:31am by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print