Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Roadmap and Browse Links for Templates (Read 3804 times)
Paul Walters
Ex Member

Roadmap and Browse Links for Templates
Apr 01st, 2009, 7:24pm

The roadmap is a helpful view for determining which notes use what prototypes.  Browse links is also useful for that purpose.  It would be helpful if the roadmap and browse links worked for templates.  Perhaps a link type of "template" would be a logical extension of the ability to make notes into templates.

Paul

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Roadmap and Browse Links for Templates
Reply #1 - Apr 2nd, 2009, 4:43am

Meanwhile, don't forget that an agent can easily find these things. Example queries:

$Prototype="p_Article"
  HTMLExportTemplate="/TEMPLATES/basic/"
  HTMLExportTemplate="Macintosh HD:Users:mwra:TBX:Sample HTML templates:blog.html"

This works regardless of whether the templates are internal or external. A further advantage of the agent method is you get to see all users of that prototype or template. I presume you're selecting a prototype and looking at all the right-hand links from the prototype note to those inheriting via it? That couldn't work for all templates, only those that are template notes.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Paul Walters
Ex Member

Re: Roadmap and Browse Links for Templates
Reply #2 - Apr 2nd, 2009, 5:31am

Mark, those are good tips.  My own workaround is to have an agent collect all notes with templates and export the results (Path, Prototype, HTMLExportTemplate) to a table in Numbers.  Query is:

HTMLDontExport==false&HTMLExportTemplate!=""

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print