Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
speling (Read 5059 times)
peter lindsay

st andrews
speling
Apr 10th, 2009, 3:50am

[font=Comic Sans MS][/font]

any chance of incorporating British English along with American English in coding ?
thanks
Peter [ who can't spel in iether ]

plindsay.000   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: speling
Reply #1 - Apr 10th, 2009, 6:06am

Are you referring to spell checking? If so, that's set at OS level. In the OS, open System Preferences -> International ->Language tab. Drag 'British English' to the top of the list.  If it's not listed, click the button at the right to edit the list and add it.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
peter lindsay

st andrews
Reply #2 - Apr 10th, 2009, 1:45pm

thanks, but no: its USA spelling when writing code, "color" instead of the correct spelling Wink
thanks though
Peter

plindsay.000   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #3 - Apr 10th, 2009, 4:05pm

Does matter that much? I just treat 'color' as a different word used in programming [sic]. If we treat everyone from the next hamlet overs as foreigners, the global village rapidly becomes a less happy place. If TB's forced to auto-translate 'color' to 'colour' for you (me!) as British then it's only fair it translates to "Цвет", "색깔", "Χρώμα", etc....  Is this the best use of the programmer's [sic] time?

In that light-hearted mode I'm being unkind to Eastgate here.  If you peek under the hood, they have never - to my recollection - discounted requests to deal with locale-specific issues. If you read the release notes you'll see a steady trickle of locale-specific  tweaks.

I know there are issues to resolve re non-Latin alphabets but they depend on changing the complete text rendering engine which - I believe - is planned but best done when not changing any other significant features at the same time.

« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2009, 5:53pm by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
peter lindsay

st andrews
Reply #4 - Apr 11th, 2009, 9:28am

you can bet if the situation was the other way round it would matter !
Y'all have a nice day now
P
Hamlet B7

plindsay.000   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print