Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tinderbox > Mobile device (Read 3519 times)
Paul Walters
Ex Member

Tinderbox > Mobile device
Apr 11th, 2009, 7:16am

I use Tinderbox to create a blog and would like to implement a fork in the export process to create an instance for reading on mobile devices (i.e., iPhone - for now).  So, if the blog's root URL is myblog.com then I would have a second root at m.myblog.com, with the pages at that address scaled and formatted for the mobile device.

I think the main things to design are the css for the mobile instance and a navigation bar to appear on each page.  The navigation options would be "back", "forward", "home" and "archives".  No sidebars, etc.

I'm interested to know if anyone has experimented with using Tinderbox to create a site enabled for a mobile device.

Paul

« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2009, 7:17am by Paul Walters »  
  IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Re: Tinderbox > Mobile device
Reply #1 - Apr 11th, 2009, 1:03pm

I've done this myself, at various times.  And some other readers of the forum have done more with this Smiley  

One key -- which is not always apparent at first, is that it's always easy to make a mobile variant of a container or agent:

Query: inside(/path/to/the/container)

Just give the new agent a new export template, optimized for mobile devices, and you're good to go.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print