Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Tinderbox for an unending poem/fiction (Read 14742 times)
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Tinderbox for an unending poem/fiction
Reply #15 - Nov 26th, 2009, 10:13am

OK, I think the problem is that your usersattributes $MySet1 and $MySet2 are of data type String when they should be of data type Set to work with sets. When you create a new attribute, it defaults to set type 'String'. When I fix the data type, we get a more sensible result.

I've got the TBX but I need your export template which is external to the TBX at present. It is in your Documents folder at ../Documents/TinderboxDocuments/SteveTinderboxTemplates/genTemp.html. Without this I'm missing a key part of the export process.

There's no point in using this Rule with 'Lists':
^outboundTextLinks( [start, list-item-prefix, list-item-suffix, end] )^
...as it won't do anything. A rule is action code applied to the note itself.  The code you've used is code expanded only during export that makes a list of text links starting from the current note.  In a rule, there's no context for where those links get written. Plus, the note 'links' has no outbound text links!

Actually, we may need to use a slightly different route. I'll try and post a revision of your TBX in a bit.

Happy Thanksgiving !

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Tinderbox for an unending poem/fiction
Reply #16 - Nov 26th, 2009, 12:28pm

As I promised, here is the demo TBX (Steve: same one I emailed you earlier). I've added internal export templates added (and prototype for same) to Steve's original TBX (in his last post above). Open the TBX and select then /HTML View (and/or export) notes ‘lists’ and ‘lists-alt’. They actually achieve the same output via two different methods.

I think either route gives you the outcome you desire, effectively listing – in groups – all links out from ‘start’ of links of a given link type. If not just ask again.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print