Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Posting to Blog and Attributes (Read 4738 times)
Richard Bullen

Posting to Blog and Attributes
Nov 26th, 2009, 12:30am

Is it possible to call an attribute so that it appears in a note when its posted to a weblog?

I made the assumption that the code used for gathering attributes when exporting to html would do the same job when inserted in a note and posted to a weblog but apparently not.

For Example:
If I have an attribute 'tags'

I inserted the following into my note:
<tags>^get(tags)^</tags>

This produces a result of
^get(tags)
and so I assume that this code is not processed by Tinderbox.

A couple of questions:
  • Is there any error in my approach?
  • If this approach doesn't work is there an alternative for getting attributes into the weblog post?

Thanks
RB

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Posting to Blog and Attributes
Reply #1 - Nov 26th, 2009, 6:26am

What is the state of HTMLMarkupText for that note? It may be you've turned off processing of inline export codes in your note.

Is assume the attribute targeted is called 'tags' and not 'Tags'. Attriiute names are case sensitive. By (non-mandatory) custom attributes use a capital opening letter doing so can help flag user code errors.

FWIW, if 'tags' is a set you may also want to use format() to make the set into an HTML list - see this thread.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Richard Bullen

Reply #2 - Nov 26th, 2009, 11:32am

Quote:
What is the state of HTMLMarkupText for that note? It may be you've turned off processing of inline export codes in your note.

Set to 'true'

Quote:
Is assume the attribute targeted is called 'tags' and not 'Tags'.

Yes it starts with a lower case but I'll change it per your recommendation.

Quote:
FWIW, if 'tags' is a set you may also want to use format() to make the set into an HTML list - see this thread.

Thanks, I didn't realize this was possible.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #3 - Nov 26th, 2009, 12:29pm

Odd, could you post more of the template - it might be a syntax error elsewhere on the page having a displaced effect.

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Richard Bullen

Reply #4 - Nov 26th, 2009, 12:54pm

Quote:
Odd, could you post more of the template - it might be a syntax error elsewhere on the page having a displaced effect.

Ah, I may have failed to communicate clearly.

I'm inserting this code into the note to include the attribute in the posting to a weblog.

Mark B in a separate post http://www.eastgate.com/Tinderbox/forum//YaBB.pl?num=1259215661 said that posting a note to a weblog only sends the text. So I'm coming to the conclusion that you can't include attributes when you post to a weblog.

Thanks.

RB

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #5 - Nov 27th, 2009, 12:08pm

OK, I see. In the broad context That would imply you can't use any ^export mark-up in the body text of notes you wish to export to a CMS weblog. As he also notes change is coming. This looks like a case of "Jam tomorrow".

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print