Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Export of text styles possible? (Read 3761 times)
AndreasE

Export of text styles possible?
Nov 26th, 2009, 5:37am

Sorry if I ask something obvious, but I really wasn't capable to find the answer myself, and I didn't find the question here in the forum either...

When writing in a note, I can use text styles like italics or bold.

But when I export notes (via the Nakakoji view), all text comes out plain.

Is there a possibility to get the text styles exported as well (in RTF format, for example)?

What I want is to write stuff in a lot of notes, get them in the right order and export the whole thing to my text processor for further refinement.

IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Re: Export of text styles possible?
Reply #1 - Nov 26th, 2009, 6:00am

What you want is HTML view, which exports markup.  Nakakoji View exports plain text.

WWW   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #2 - Nov 26th, 2009, 6:18am

Text (Nakakoji) export doesn't export format - just plain text, as is its purpose. To export formatted text used HTML export and then import the HTML pages into a decent text editor. You don't have to export actual HTML code via HTML export, you can format in other mark-up.

However, there is no native RTF export at present.  The new text engine being introduced in v5 (for better Unicode support) paves the way to such a possibility though if you want RTF export that would currently be a feature request you'd need to make.

If you don't mind mark-up in your notes, I believe some people use Markdown or LATEX mark-up in their notes, export Nakakoji and post-process the output..

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
AndreasE

Reply #3 - Nov 26th, 2009, 9:29am

Ah, thanks. Yes, HTML will do. I wasn't aware it's possible to export a lot of notes into 1 file, but in fact it's easy...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print