Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  
 
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Exporting to Latex (Read 42449 times)
Rónán Kennedy
Full Member
*
Offline



Posts: 26

Re: Exporting to Latex
Reply #30 - Jun 08th, 2010, 4:15am
 
Charles

Thanks for the updated example. I can now see how to modify the preamble, but I'm having difficulties with using a different XSLT file to memoir.

For some reason, MMD doesn't seem to be reading the metadata information in the header to the exported file. I suspect that there is something "off" in the file that Tinderbox produces. If I open the file in a text editor, paste the text into a new file, and use MMD to process that, it will read the metadata correctly.

Has anyone else encountered this problem, or is it something unique to me?

Rónán
Back to top
 
 
  IP Logged
Charles Turner
Full Member
*
Offline



Posts: 180
New York, USA
Re: Exporting to Latex
Reply #31 - Jun 8th, 2010, 7:20am
 
Quote:
but I'm having difficulties with using a different XSLT file to memoir.

Can't quite figure out what you mean here, but did you look in the note content of "My Document" in my sample? (That is, the $Text of item "My Document".)

I specify the LaTeX XSLT file there, so that could either be an example for you, or perhaps your trouble if you're trying to change things.

Quote:
I suspect that there is something "off" in the file that Tinderbox produces.

If you wanted to email me your Tinderbox output, I'd be happy to look at it.

HTH, Charles
Back to top
 
 
WWW   IP Logged
Rónán Kennedy
Full Member
*
Offline



Posts: 26

Re: Exporting to Latex
Reply #32 - Oct 24th, 2010, 6:06am
 
I thought I should follow up on this and note what I discovered in the meantime. Tinderbox sometimes produces export output with "classic" Mac line endings (CR). MMD expects Unix (LF) line endings. This can cause confusion, which is why I couldn't use other XLST files.

The simplest solution I found was an AppleScript called "Convert Line Endings" (http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Utilities/Convert-Line-Endings.shtml), although I guess more competent Tinderboxers could run a command at export to do the conversion.
Back to top
 
 
  IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator
*
Offline

User - not staff!

Posts: 5689
Southsea, UK
Re: Exporting to Latex
Reply #33 - Oct 24th, 2010, 7:30am
 
Side note re line endings.  I think - certainly post v5 - lined ends generated by export (e.g. template code processes) use Unix style line endings.  Internally, I believe classic (OS 9) style line endings are used for line breaks within attribute values - e.g. in $Text. I've no delved into the exact 'rules' here, but I've certainly tripped over assuming there would be only one line-end type.

To resolve ambiguity, you can either process the export file post export or use a simple command line as the value of the exporting note's $HTMLExportCommand:

  tr '\015' '\012'

Back to top
 
 

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print