Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Exporting Link Type Names (Read 6644 times)
Glen A. Buecker

Exporting Link Type Names
Dec 20th, 2009, 3:48pm

Is it possible to export the link type name? I know I can include or exclude specific types by name. I am trying to show (in the export) semantic relationships and can currently export what something is linked to or from but need to include the link type name also.

Thanks,
Glen

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Exporting Link Type Names
Reply #1 - Dec 20th, 2009, 5:14pm

There isn't an export code that explicitly auto-inserts the link type name.   However, as some export methods allow you to filter by link type, it ought to be easy to ad the link type name by hand. Can you give an example of the form you want the exported link yo take?

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Glen A. Buecker

Reply #2 - Dec 20th, 2009, 8:59pm

I thought that might be the case. I am trying to create a line like: 'this term' -- derived from -- 'that term' or 'this term' -- part of -- 'that term'

I figure I could come up with some 'if' statements. I was just hoping for a universal approach that I could apply to many files and would let me do it without knowing the link type names.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #3 - Dec 21st, 2009, 5:17am

OK, so you want:
 'this term' -- derived from -- 'that term'
but is all of that the clickable HTML link?

All the link-creating export codes that have an optional 'type' parameter, can filter by link type. So this template:
Code:
<!-- list lists of type 'example' -->
^outboundBasicLinks("<ul>\n","\t<li>'","' -- example -- '^getFor(this,Name)^'</li>\n","</ul>\n","example")
<hr>
<!-- list lists of type 'response' -->
^outboundBasicLinks("<ul>\n","\t<li>'","' -- response -- '^getFor(this,Name)^'</li>\n","</ul>\n","response") 

…gives output like:

Code:
<!-- list lists of type 'example' -->
<ul>
	<li>'<a href="there.html">there</a>' -- example -- 'here'</li>
	<li>'<a href="everywhere.html">everywhere</a>' -- example -- 'here'</li>
</ul>

<hr>
<!-- list lists of type 'response' -->
<ul>
	<li>'<a href="elsewhere.html">elsewhere</a>' -- response -- 'here'</li>
</ul> 

Note that you have to manually set up the link type for each list but it's not that hard.

Want this sort of thing but not in a template? Put the export code in a note and use the ^include()^ command to simply include the note text in that of other notes.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print