Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Exporting without <p> before ^text^ (Read 5184 times)
Glen A. Buecker

Exporting without <p> before ^text^
Dec 20th, 2009, 9:03pm

I am trying to export the text of a note without the preceding and ending  paragraph statements. I removed them from the paragraph settings tab. I am trying to decipher the export language tags but haven't found anything to help me yet.

Thanks,
Glen

IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Re: Exporting without <p> before ^text^
Reply #1 - Dec 20th, 2009, 10:24pm

If your note removes all the <p> markup from the Paragraphs tag, it won't add paragraph markup.  (Included texts might have paragraph markup, of course).  

The pertinent attributes are HTMLParagraphStart/End, HTMLFirstParagraphStart/End, and HTMLIndentedParagraphStart/End.

WWW   IP Logged
Glen A. Buecker

Reply #2 - Dec 20th, 2009, 11:02pm

Mark,

Do you not sleep?  I appreciate your commitment to all of us users. I'll explore the tags you mentioned.

Glen

IP Logged
Glen A. Buecker

Reply #3 - Dec 21st, 2009, 1:24pm

So, here is what I tried.
1) I set up a note (xyz) and added the start and end attributes for HTMLFirstParagraph and HTMLParagraph. I cleared or changed all of these.
2) I added some text and opened up an HTML view of the note.
3) Everything looked great, just as I had assumed it would.
4) I clicked on the paragraph tab and all the default tags jumped back into the raw code and the attributes for the note were reset to the default.

Which setting has precedence (the note or the HTML view) or should the both reflect the same setting?

Thanks,
Glen

IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Reply #4 - Dec 21st, 2009, 2:07pm

The Paragraphs tab in HTMLView simply shows you the current settings for the note's attributes.

Same thing with QuickStamp (cmd-1).

WWW   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #5 - Dec 21st, 2009, 2:12pm

If you make changes at note level, by Info view or HTML view these settings should over-ride app/doc level settings. If that isn't happening you have, for whatever reason - and doubtless unintentionally - not made the changes you thought you did. Either the changes weren't properly saved or perhaps they were applied to a different note by mistake.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print