Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Escaping for HTML Export (Read 6750 times)
Dave Kindem

Escaping for HTML Export
Dec 23rd, 2009, 8:38am

I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere.

I use Tinderbox to manage the content for a small website.  One page in the site has an ampersand in the title.  When the file is exported, the H2 header for the page and links for that section of the site are pulled from the title of the note.  The note is currently titled:

Scripts & Writing

If I do not escape the ampersand in the title of the note, the page displays correctly in most browsers, but links to the page trigger a validation error for each page they appear on.  If I escape the ampersand, the link displays correctly and there is no error, but the HTML for the H2 header contains an extra ampersand:

Scripts &Writing

I currently fix this by editing the header on the exported HTML page, but would like a more automatic was do deal with the issue.

Is there another way to treat the ampersand character?

Dave

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Escaping for HTML Export
Reply #1 - Dec 23rd, 2009, 10:29am

Ah, the problem is the output from links code like ^basicLinks^ doesn't encode the ampersand in the link anchor. By comparison ^title^ gets it right.  I'm not sure having experimented if it's possible to work around this using existing export code.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Dave Kindem

Reply #2 - Dec 25th, 2009, 8:09am

Thanks, Mark.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #3 - Dec 30th, 2009, 6:29pm

Fixed in v5.0.1.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Dave Kindem

Reply #4 - Dec 31st, 2009, 1:00pm

Mark,

That did the trick.  I can eliminate a rather clunky work-around that I had developed.

Thanks,

Dave

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print