Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tinderbox for iPad (Read 24694 times)
Roy

Tinderbox for iPad
Jan 28th, 2010, 7:54am

I will end up buying an iPad; I think many others will as well.

It would be great to be able to browse tinderbox documents on an iPad, and being able to do so would drive sales of TBX on the Mac.

If there was a browser for iPad, a next step would be to implement document creation and editing.

IP Logged
Jean Goodwin

North Carolina
app
Reply #1 - Jan 25th, 2010, 5:08pm

I may want a Tinderbox app to work on the Apple tablet!  (in a while)

IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Re: app
Reply #2 - Jan 25th, 2010, 5:52pm

Could I borrow your Apple tablet for a day or two?  Thanks!

WWW   IP Logged
Sebastian Stephenson

Reply #3 - Jan 27th, 2010, 10:37am

Ha! I was wondering when the Apple Tablet and Tinderbox would be mentioned in the same sentence I have been thinking about doing a serious post about Tinderbox on the Apple Tablet (I would like if you could contribute mark) because Tinderbox would be great on a touch device but at the same it would be terrible but I will make some ideas after the tablet is announced

Sebastian Stephenson sebey9   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #4 - Jan 27th, 2010, 11:10am

I think this is easy to ask for but complex to deliver. All the informative articles I've read about Mac touch interface show how you pretty much need a new UI, or new way of interacting with it to work well with touch. Effectively one's designing a new variant of the app. That's a big commitment of effort for a small shop at this stage of uptake of a not yet released product.

The above isn't to argue against tablets. I just hope that in the rush to play with the new toy, the as-effective old toys don't get neglected. Incidentally I'm still awaiting delivery for an iMac ordered in mid-December which is reported as (still) being 3 weeks from delivery. So perhaps there will be a few months before anyone gets a tablet to play with, anyway! I believe the iPad SDK is now out for, for devs anyway.

« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2010, 9:12am by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Jean Goodwin

North Carolina
Re: Tinderbox for iPad
Reply #5 - Jan 28th, 2010, 1:05pm

About 90% of what I do requires half or less of the processing power on even the clunkiest of my computers, and I'm tired of lugging around my laptop.  

I could buy a reconditioned MacBook Air, but that's a lot of money for yet another computer.  Or I could try a netbook & put up with Windows, doing most things on the cloud or on cross-platform software.  The one big exception is Tinderbox, which I can't live without!  

The suggestion of Tinderbox for the Tablet was lighthearted, but I am looking for some kind of a solution.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #6 - Mar 27th, 2011, 4:46am

Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #7 - Apr 18th, 2011, 4:58am

Admin note on recent spam posting:

I've recently removed several posts from this thread, most recently this morning, that were trick posts simply serving to expose adds for iPad cases either in the post's text or user's sig block. The associated user accounts have been deleted & their addresses banned. As we allow users to self register I'm afraid it's hard to pre-empt this sort of behaviour.

[9 Jun11. Locked to prevent repeated spam abuse]

« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2011, 2:59am by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print