Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Automatised clipboard pasting into TB (Read 2564 times)
Stéphane R

Automatised clipboard pasting into TB
Feb 26th, 2010, 5:49am

Hi,

I just wanted to share a little trick that might be useful to some. In order to save bookmarks into TBX quickly, I've made a stamp with the following action:

$Prototype=Link; $URL=`pbpaste

(pbpaste is the command line function to paste the clipboard's content)

The workflow becomes copying Safari's current URL, switching to TB and creating a note with relevant title, then activating the stamp with a shortcut (defined in Keyboard Maestro, but can also be done in System Preferences).
One could conceive of using Applescript to copy the Safari page title and making it the TB note's title directly.

« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2010, 5:52am by Stéphane R »  
  IP Logged
Jean Goodwin

North Carolina
Re: Automatised clipboard pasting into TB
Reply #1 - Feb 26th, 2010, 11:17am

Whoohoo!  That is brilliant (at least to us command line ignoramuses).  I made a stamp to paste clipboard to $Text, which is going to save me a lot of clicking.  Thanks!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print