Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
UK meeting (Read 12188 times)
Stéphane R

UK meeting
Mar 03rd, 2010, 12:07pm

Hi,

I was under the impression that a UK meeting was planned for 2010. Does anyone have further information about this? I would love to attend.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: UK meeting
Reply #1 - Mar 3rd, 2010, 12:27pm

I've seen nothing firm. The last UK meeting was in London in Apr '09 since which there has been a metting in San Francisco (Nov '09) and the next TB weekend is in Boston next weekend (Mar '10). Some users were were proposing a French (Paris?) meet, which might actually be as easy to get to as some UK locations. Still, the bottom's falling out of the £:$  and €:$ rates now might be a cheap time for Easgate to do a meet here in Y'urp.

There is a Tinderbox Weekend page which usually lists any forthcoming (known) venues. It's certainly worth dropping a line to Eastgate directly expressing interest. If you know a suitable venue (++power sockets & web access being pretty important factors) I know such suggestions would be gratefully received.

FWIW, I'm based in Portsmouth, UK and do get up to London now and then. If time allows I'm open to meeting up informally with fellow TB-ers from UK (or elsewhere).

« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2010, 12:32pm by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Reply #2 - Mar 3rd, 2010, 4:09pm

We're hoping to announce a meeting in the UK early this May shortly.  If interested in attending -- or presenting -- please email Eastgate! smason@eastgate.com

WWW   IP Logged
Stephane

@istib
Reply #3 - Mar 6th, 2010, 10:16am

I would pleased to meet users in informal settings in London or so. Also, if Eastgate would opt for Oxford (where I'm based), I could probably arrange for one of the colleges to host it

WWW   IP Logged
Stacey Mason

Eastgate Systems, Inc
Reply #4 - Apr 1st, 2010, 11:59am

More information on our UK Event:

Tinderbox Weekend London will be May 8-9 at the Rookery Hotel.

A list of speakers and registration are available on the Tinderbox Weekend Site:

http://www.eastgate.com/Tinderbox/TbxWeekend.html

WWW   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #5 - Apr 1st, 2010, 1:19pm

I'll be there.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
George Mc

Southampton, UK
Reply #6 - May 10th, 2010, 9:12pm

I was there! Inspiring event!

Would be good too, to maybe in the same way as there are MUG's (Mac User Groups) to have some locally based "TUG's" (Tinderbox User Groups)!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print