Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Conditional date expressions in export (Read 3283 times)
Rónán Kennedy

Conditional date expressions in export
Oct 24th, 2010, 3:17am

Again forgive me if this is covered elsewhere, and I may be doing something basic wrong, but I am trying to figure out how to conditionally include text when exporting to something other than HTML.

What I am trying to do is to have some text appear in the exported file if this condition is true:

Code:
days(today,$DueDate)<0 

However, the days export function works differently to the agent function, and checks whether a date is within N days of another date. It doesn't seem straightforward to check is something is overdue. I've tried:

Code:
^if(^days(^get($DueDate)^,-100)^)^(overdue)^endif^ 

but this doesn't work, at least for me.

Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks,

Rónán

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Conditional date expressions in export
Reply #1 - Oct 24th, 2010, 4:59am

If you want the internal method of days(), use:

^if(^value(days(today,$DueDate)<0)^)^.......

In other words, use your action code expression inside a ^value()^ tag. One other thing if using the above method, make sure to do comparison in the action code rather than try to use value to create a value to test against zero or whatever.  for reasons I don't fully understand that doesn't work. So don't write the above like so, I've highlighted the transposed bit of code:

^if(^value(days(today,$DueDate))^<0)^....... <-- WRONG

One other 'gotcha'. The action code days() takes into account the time element of the date time. so if it is 13:00 now, days() for a date/time of 11:00 tomorrow will be zero and not 1 as you might expect. (FWIW, I've already made a feature suggestion that days() have an optional third Boolean parameter which if set as true would tell TB to use only date and ignore time in the comparison.)

« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2010, 5:17am by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Rónán Kennedy

Re: Conditional date expressions in export
Reply #2 - Oct 24th, 2010, 5:52am

That works very well, thanks.

IP Logged