Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Exporting Timelines in Tinderbox 5.7 (Read 4792 times)
Jonathan Leavitt

Exporting Timelines in Tinderbox 5.7
Nov 07th, 2010, 1:16pm

I had a heck of a time exporting timelines to a Tinderbox-generated website using the "embed" feature and pasting the clipboard into a Tinderbox note, until I discovered that I needed to export with the baked-in "plain-text" template. The other templates didn't work. Tongue

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Exporting Timelines in Tinderbox 5.7
Reply #1 - Nov 7th, 2010, 1:58pm

The code copied from the Timeline is intended to go into an HTML page. I think you're copying into a Tinderbox export template page, thus the problem. If you want to add the code before export, i.e. not in an actual HTML page, then I'd paste the timeline export code into a note of its own and ^include that as ^text(plain)^.

Post edit:  I've updated the aTbRef page on this.

« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2010, 3:23am by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Jonathan Leavitt

Reply #2 - Nov 8th, 2010, 11:29pm

Ah… I get it. The ^include export code allows for formatting and more template choices in the export note, whereas the embed code lives in a separate note (the argument of ^include). I'll play with it now. Smiley

—Jonathan

IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Reply #3 - Nov 9th, 2010, 11:59am

Alternatively, you paste the exported HTML into a note and change that note's PARAGRAPHS markup (in HTMLView) to empty strings.  This avoids unwanted <p> tags in the javscript.

WWW   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #4 - Nov 10th, 2010, 8:51am

So many way to do things, it's easy to forget TB has features to support some of the suggestions above. A neater method might be:
  • Add the built-in Prototype "Code" to your TBX. This has all the paragraph mark-up and quicklists, etc., pre-configured to not be used.
  • Open the HTML view for the prototype and set it's HTML template to "text-plain".
  • Stick your copied Timeline export code in a note and set the prototype to "Code".
  • Use ^include^ to pull in your timeline code where required into other templates. It will export via its own template so you don't need to cite one in the include call - just the TB note name

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print