Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Keyboard access to popup menu of note's attributes (Read 3382 times)
Talal

Keyboard access to popup menu of note's attributes
Jan 26th, 2011, 8:34pm

At the moment, the only way to access the popup menu (drop down menu?) of a key attribute in a note window is by lifting one's hands off the keyboard and using the mouse.

May I request that some keyboard key be used for this instead? While I would propose the down arrow key (which currently causes the cursor to go to the end of the attribute's value, just as pressing alt-down arrow key does), though the exact key (or combo) isn't important.

I see it's been discussed before,[1] but I thought to raise it again in the feature request forum. Many thanks for your consideration.

---
[1] http://www.eastgate.com/Tinderbox/forum//YaBB.pl?num=1244035100/#3

« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2011, 8:35pm by Talal »  
  IP Logged
Robert Matzken

Re: Keyboard access to popup menu of note's attributes
Reply #1 - Jun 15th, 2011, 3:21pm

I would like to support this feature request. From the other thread mentioned above, I found Mark A's latest observation spot on:

Quote:
FWIW, once the key attribute pop-up menu is activated the type/tab method of selection works. Perhaps what you need is a shortcut to open the pop-up menu of the key attribute currently in edit mode...

This is, in my view, exactly what I would consider a great advantage when inputting text directly into Tinderbox, with numerous notes for smaller chunks of text, and attributes to add some metadata to those chunks.  

IP Logged
A. Cimino

Re: Keyboard access to popup menu of note's attributes
Reply #2 - Jun 17th, 2011, 12:28am

This would be great.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print