Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dropbox iOS app for light outline and map access? (Read 4274 times)
Jody Foo

Linkoping, Sweden
Dropbox iOS app for light outline and map access?
Apr 01st, 2011, 8:35am

I currently use Tinderbox to file and analyze notes and Twig to dump stuff into before it gets moved to Tinderbox.

Simplenote syncing is great, but it does not work out too well for me since I have used simplenote before I started using Tinderbox and my account contains quite a few notes. I tried switching accounts, but I found out that support for switching accounts was not very good in the existing iOS apps (they clean the data and you have to enter the credentials every switch).

This made me think of how nice it would be if I could read and add notes to a tinderbox file! Perhaps an app that can read a tinderbox file from Dropbox and show it's outline and perhaps maps? No agents, just the notes in the hierarchy + maps + a search function. All metadata would be there but not touched.

This would be better than simplenote since it would be possible to read notes in a tinderbox file too!

WWW   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Dropbox iOS app for light outline and map access?
Reply #1 - Apr 1st, 2011, 8:38am

Might be worth looking at Emberlight too.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Reply #2 - Apr 1st, 2011, 9:21am

We're looking at several solutions. Embellight is terrific. Were testing a facility that syncs only specific simple note tags, which might help. We're looking at dropbox.

And we're looking as well at iPad tools.

WWW   IP Logged
Jody Foo

Linkoping, Sweden
Reply #3 - Apr 4th, 2011, 2:12pm

Specific tag sync from Simplenote sounds great!

WWW   IP Logged
Alex Strick van Linschoten

Holland
Reply #4 - Apr 5th, 2011, 4:39am

Very good to hear. I know, technically, Tinderbox isn't an island, but I switch between working on my Mac to iPad VERY frequently during an ordinary work-day, and the inability to easily switch between the two means I'm forced to use all sorts of workaround solutions. Something more direct would be a great improvement for me.

WWW strickvl   IP Logged
Matt Cawood

New England, Australia
Reply #5 - Apr 8th, 2011, 5:31am

Any solution that allows me to sync Tinderbox with iOS and:

- retains basic outline structure when viewed in iOS;
- can be done with notes in situ, without the need to transfer them to a specifc container;
- is automatic, with no drag on saving,

... would be enormously welcome. I've recently got an iPhone, and suddenly iOS interaction has become an important criteria for all my Mac apps.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print