Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Auto-save dialog (Read 3106 times)
Tom Shannon

Auto-save dialog
May 07th, 2011, 7:30am

I think the auto-save feature in 5.9 is absolutely outstanding.  I've lost significant amounts of work because I have stupidly forgotten to save my files often enough since starting to use TB.

Unfortunately I had to turn it off.  The problem is that whenever the file is saved, the dialog that usually appears steals the focus.  This causes a rather serious distraction from my work (not to mention the interruption), especially if it happens more than every 10 minutes which, to my eye, it seems to do.

Is there any way this could be shifted invisibly to the background?  I really don't think there's a need to see the dialog unless you are actually manually saving the file.

Congratulations on the update.  Its wonderful.

Tom S.

IP Logged
Zane Nick
Ex Member

Re: Auto-save dialog
Reply #1 - May 26th, 2011, 6:25am

This is problem of so many people and the Auto save is a good option, but how to store manually , I am also confuse on this thing but early I will solve and share with you.

Edited:
user deleted - signature spam

« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2011, 6:54am by Mark Anderson »  
  IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Reply #2 - May 26th, 2011, 8:07am

The auto-save dialog in 5.9.1 is dialed back to the intended 10min interval.

Zane: just choose Save or Save As... From the File menu.

WWW   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #3 - May 26th, 2011, 1:00pm

Probably worth noting that Simplenote sync (slaved to Saving) isn't triggered by autosave (v5.9.1 tweak). So to re-sync your SN, do a manual File menu -> Save (SN sync still occurs in file open too).

Another save related v5.9.1  tweak is that a manual save resets the autosave counter. This avoids the odd scenario of the user doing a save only to have TB then do an autosave.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print